Friday, December 5, 2008

Living The Love

Today's social media is a fun place to meet people, as well as experience them in different ways depending upon the venue that you meet. Today's spotlight blogger, Karla Meachem, I have known through several sites, but didn't get to see the love and charm she has until we were both on Twitter.com
Karla tweeters, "Good Morning" to everyone, and then over the next several hours tweet these really wonderful links. They would be anything from a great site to find puzzles for children, or pages of activities, movies that are family oriented, or wonderful outreaches in her area. So I thought, of course, that she was a home school mom. Wow, so not the case! She tells me that she just loves her kids and wants to keep them busy with fun and inventive things--and--shares the goods with everybody. How cool is that!My friend is recovering from recent surgery so we did this 365 Love Award through an interview. Below are Karla's statements about life, family, and her incredible gift to the world. Don't forget to leave a comment so she can read them.
"I am a firm believer that everyone has their own mission field (children included) - in our homes, our workplace and our community. Every person that we come into contact with is an opportunity to share the love of Christ. Our life should be a testimony to the One we love.

First and foremost, I enjoy being a mom; my kids are my top priority; and I am privileged to be a sahm (stay at home mom). Now that both kids are in school, I am enjoying a much more active role within our community.I am also our church secretary, as well as part of a church planting team. I especially love the outreach events that we hold in our community and surrounding areas.This summer we planned an outdoor concert and bbq. We had games for the kids, as well as treats (bubbles, tattoos, and chalk to take home with them).

We just recently started an event entitled "breakTHROUGH!". We will hold these events every 2 weeks! We are encouraging those who are struggling with life to come out to find encouragement, support and direction.

And we are also encouraging those who know Jesus already, to come out to be equipped to go to the next level with God! Praise & worship, a message and prayer...drawing closer to the heart of Jesus.

Just tonight, our church team went out to a community about 30 minutes away. The community has a yearly Christmas Light Tour. Their entire town participates; they have even won awards. Our church team went out tonight and offered free hot chocolate to those touring the community.

Later on in December, we are going caroling and handing out scotch tape to each home. We desire to touch people's lives in a unique, but special way. These events also help us to get the word out about our new church and give us a chance to meet people and wish them Merry CHRISTmas! (encouraging them to 'stick with Jesus!')

And yes, the children are included in these events; and are encouraged to participate...right from setting up for service, cleaning up after service and in between. :) (We meet in a school)

Yes, I do encourage my kids to help others. My daughter, who is almost 10, has a servant's heart. She is very aware of those that need a hand, both at school and around our community. My son is only 5, but is encouraged to help as much as he can and is eager to help when asked.

Both my kids have needed to grow up to be more independent than other kids their age, because they have grown up living with a mom that deals with daily chronic pain. They are amazing kids! A real BIG blessing in my life! I'm excited to see what God has planned for their lives!

My heart's desire is for people, both young and old to live a victorious life in Christ - to be all that God has called them to be!"Living the Love,

Karla

*************************************************************************

Empowering Christian Women was started as a place to organize my businesses to include my Christian faith, but it quickly blossomed into a new vision and passion to encourage Christian women to reach their complete potential in Christ. ECW is a work in progress, but it has stolen my heart.

Now, Empowering Christian Women is an online ministry, a place to share resources that have impacted my daily walk with Christ. ECW is a daily part of my life, an extension of who I am...or rather, who God is transforming me to be!She is also a contributing author of the recently released e-book entitled Mirror, Mirror...on the Wall, which is available for purchase at http://10women10commandments.com.

Karla has a heart and a passion for Christ. She is a firm believer in keeping God first; as she knows the empowerment (freedom and liberty) available to everyone through Christ.

Karla lives in Saskatchewan, Canada with her husband and two children; she can be reached at

empowered_life@yahoo.ca

http://EmpoweringChristianWomen.com

http://ChristianToysForGirlsAndBoys.com

No comments: